Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Question of the Week

Each building on campus contains its treasures, there can be no doubting this, but the treasures are not the same. My question is fairly simple: where on the university campus would you choose to loiter if you wanted to catch the eye of a desirable mate? Obviously, if you spend time outside the dentistry/pharmacy building, you stand a high chance of meeting a future dentist or pharmacist, and they are widely rumored to make a good salary. Or, perhaps you would choose to visit the Phys. Ed. building, where you are likely to meet fit and handsome people, fresh off the treadmill. Or maybe you would head over to the drama department, where exciting, passionate, artistic visionaries roam the halls, looking for someone to impersonate or lie to.

Of course there is no perfect indicator of romantic compatibility, and the people inside the building are as varied and unique as snowflakes, but I am looking for generalities: In view of Valentine’s day, where on campus would a single person would be wise to eat their lunch?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't read this post (I read the first one but holy Dave) but I'm going to answer the question. In the bathroom stall, probably while crying. Though, I figure that'd be a girl not a large dude like yourself.

Lisa said...

the question is a good one day since there are two semseters on campus I will give two answers.
If the weather permitted it I would choose to meet my mate outside, under a lovely tree, enjoying God's green earth.
If it is cold I would choose to meet my mate in Rutherford somewhere. That does not confine anyone to a specific faculty, but atleast to someone who is interested in history, enligsh and other social sciences.

David Hengen said...

there is no doubt in my mind that i would spend my hours waiting outside the nursing faculty buildings in hopes of meeting that special someone who could take care of my needs (pun intended). but if that ever failed, i'd go back to the old standby, the one i've been working for years, the engineering buildings.

Michelle said...

okay, here's my answer. and it's the right answer, let me tell you that!

If I were to meet a certain special someone on the dear UofA campus I would choose to meet them on the bridge between Rutherford library and Hub mall. It's a very romantic rendez-vous. One can sit on the ledges and watch the people quietly stroll by on the way to class or the library. And it's rather dimly lit, adding a rather romantic quality to the setting.

And I've tried it. It works!

There are lots of other very romantic places on campus... definately Rutherford south group study room... pretty much perfect I'd say. Not to mention the nice little couches found on the 3rd or 4th floor of NRef in the engineering side of campus...

Oh, the UofA is definately a very romantic place... yessirree

S Wilson said...

Whereever the Engineer babes hangout.

Anonymous said...

If you really want to meet someone on the U of A campus you should know that the right place is everywhere, it's just a matter of how you meet them. Bump into every girl that catches your eye, actually, physically, bump into them. Then just let it flow.