Friday, February 24, 2006

Gambling Stat Tracker

Wins:
Peter: "Bet you two dollars you can't eat two super-hot jawbreakers from start to finish without taking a break."

Catherine: "A dollar says that your team (Jonas and Elliot) doesn't win this game of Cranium"

Losses:
Catherine: "I'll give you three to one odds that your team does not win this round of charades." (We were meant to act out "the Hokey Pokey" and didn't win. Three to one odds seemed attractive; there were four teams, so our team had a one in four chance BEFORE you consider our natural advantages.)

Weekly Total: two dollars to the good, and what matters more, I have discovered that Catherine likes to gamble. I need that sort of thing.

Bet at offer this week: I'm offering even odds that I score in the soccer game tonight. This is a very god bet for anyone to take advantage of -- I don't score in even close to half of the games, and this week the competition promises to be stiff, but I feel strong. I am not currently able to facilitate bets larger than two dollars. Bets must be received before midnight, Mountain Time.

If you're interested in offering another bet, make your offer below. No bet too ridiculous to be considered.

4 comments:

Jacob said...

Do you bet slurpees? If so, 1 slurpee says you don't score tonight.

Jonas said...

You're on!

~ Jonas

(Something to note: Jacob plays with us every week... he knows my skills, he knows my chances, and he is betting against me. Maybe you wouldd be wise to get in on this... while the getting is good.)

S Wilson said...

Bet you 47 games of Settlers that I'm better than you....ALRIGHT!

Jonas said...

Jacob;

I cherry picked. I didn't get back on defense. I took a shot every time that the ball chanced onto my foot (including one unfortunate instance where I was standing on the bench). I took incredibly long shifts.

I owe you a slurpee.

All my affection,
jonas