Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Time Traveller

Tips for students:
If you want to accomplish nothing at all, why not buy yourself a laptop computer with a DVD player?

If I had a time machine, I would be really careful with it. I wouldn’t change anything in the past, because even very small changes in the past can have catastrophic implications in the future. You might not suspect that the something as insignificant as killing one little butterfly could alter the course of history, but it can. The responsibility of having a time machine is pretty major – that thing is not a toy. The grim faced general would say, “I don’t like it, but we’ve got no other choice; we’re sending you back in time. The parameters of this mission have been clearly laid out. Do not venture beyond them! I cannot stress this enough: any actions you take could dramatically and irreversibly alter the future.”

“Don’t worry General,” I’d promise. “I’ve been training for this mission all my life.”

When the chips are down, you can count on me to be the sort of person who will not have a perceivable impact on the world. If you need someone to send back in time, I am your man.

3 comments:

Jacob said...

That's cute, Jonas. But on second reading, I've decided you're wrong. You are not the man to send back in time.

Michelle said...

yes.
no.
um, if you went back in time, what would you do?
I think you are certainly more use in the present than in the past. Besides, like you said, if you went back in time, everything would be messed up just from you being there... haven't you watched Back to the Future??!

Jonas said...

If I went back in time I'd probably take things easy.

I am disappointed with you, Michigan. I changed my blog template. Where are my props? Where is the mad love?